There are so many fun activities in our area to beat the winter blues! These ideas are great for Christmas break, but if you are packed with family events like we are, we will save this list for January – a much slower month for us.
1. Ice Skating at Owen Center: Try out ice skating with the whole family! It is a challenge, but you will for sure make memories!
2. The Bloomington Normal Discovery museum: This museum is always a hit for all ages! If you are still in search for a Christmas gift, a membership here is a great gift idea that just keeps giving.
3. Sledding at Northwoods in Morton: We try to spend time outside regardless of the colder temperatures. Sledding is great fun for everyone!
4. Painting at Fired Up: We recently went here to paint some pottery and it was such a fun experience. The boys enjoyed picking out their item, painting it, and seeing the huge Kiln. This activity is a little pricier, but worth the joy! Tip: pick a few items out first to let your child choose from. There are a lot of choices and it can be overwhelming.
5. Rock climbing at First Ascent: This is a great way to stay active (and warm) during the Winter! First Ascent has great rock walls for beginners and kids as young as three.
6. Elevate Trampoline Park: Elevate is always a hit with our boys and a great way to burn off all that cooped up energy! SAVE the DATE for a Solid Rock Elevate Fundraiser – 20% of the proceeds go to our school! Mark your calendar for Jan 20th from 4-8!
We hope you can get out and enjoy the Central IL area this Winter with so many great businesses and activities in our local area to support. Please comment if you have more to add!